Sunday, February 7, 2010

Melissa week #2

Well, my official weight for the week is 135.1.  I even weighed myself twice, thinking that since this was fast Sunday, I could try again in the afternoon since I hadn't eaten all day.  No such luck.  Still 135.1.

I ran on my elliptical using a varied resistance program for 30 minutes on Tuesday and had Denise Austin kick my patootie for 36 minutes on Thursday.  I know that to see real results I should do more than one hour a week, but I am taking baby steps and it shows...i lost .2 pounds.  I did weigh myself about midweek, and the scale was nice and said 134.2, but that really doesn't count since it wasn't at the week mark.  I ate more carrots and apples this week...and tried to deny the chocolate screaming monster that lives in my head (I ate german chocolate cake today along with three recees peanut butter cups...my blood sugar was low from all the "no eating") so I guess I still have some things to work on.

Thanks for helping me out this week with the tips.  I love yoga, but don't have a good video to work with.  I actually have a great one, but it is on VHS, and I don't want to try and find it and mess with rewinding.  I will power through with Denise until I see enough of a result to justify buying another exercise DVD.

I found something interesting today in my journal.  I wrote down my body measurements back in 1998! I am really afraid to go and measure myself again, since I also wrote in another close entry that I weighed 118 lbs!  I may get the courage (and curiosity) this week to measure and then post what they were...but I will have to think about it.

Good luck to the rest of you.  I know you can do it!! =)

MJ

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat that you have your information from 1998. Don't let it discourage you, you are just as beautiful now as you were then. I wish I had that info. It almost inspires me to start keeping a journal. Almost. =)

    ReplyDelete