Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shaneen Week 1

Yes, I love refunds. OK so here is my dilemma. I know you all have crazy busy lives, so surely you have some great words of wisdom for me. First of all my starting weight was 135 on 1-21-10. My goal weight is 120-125. So the dilemma, I get up by 5 am and get to work by 6 am Mon, Tues, Thur and Fri. I have Wed off. I work until 430 and get home by 445. Leave by 530 and go to class until 7 tues and thur and until 9 on wed. I don't have a lot of time so I usually grab a PB & J before class and then something else when I get home, which usually isn't good for me. I am exhausted by the time i get home so I don't want to run or do anything, except homework and then go to bed. (Please keep in mind that I am not whining... I know it was my choice to have this schedule). Do you have any suggestions for fitting exercise into my schedule? I absolutely REFUSE to get up any earlier than 5 am, seeing as how I am only getting 6 1/2 hours of sleep anyway. And any suggestions on easy, healthy meals? I do okay with eating for breakfast and lunch, it's just dinner. I am open to any suggestions you may have.

Shaneen

2 comments:

  1. Slim Fast? I read something about those who do A meal replacement shake loose more weight. I also read that if you eat most your calories for breakfast you will loose more wight. A study of women showed those who ate half thier calories (600) for breakfast lost 30 lbs, those who just ate (300) lost 9 lbs over a period of time. if you want the study I can forward it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaneen it sounds like you will need to focus mostly on diet. Making it to the gym every day just isn't practical right now. However, maybe you could focus on getting at least an hour in on Monday night (your email didn't say you had class monday night), Wednesdays and Saturdays. Three days a week for an hour will be better than nothing. Plus, diet alone is a great way to lose weight. It's actually proven to be more successful than exercise alone.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete